World Food Programme Uganda Jobs 2023/2024 | Current Jobs at World Food Programme Uganda
Recruitment has begun for World Food Programme Uganda Jobs 2023/2024. This update is for you if you have been looking for world food programme jobs in Uganda, WFP jobs Uganda, or current jobs at the world food programme in Uganda.
If you have an interest in NGO Jobs or humanitarian jobs, then these updates are also for you. The available positions cut across many professional and entry-level positions.
About World Food Programme Uganda
The World Food Programme (WFP) works in more than 120 countries and territories to provide life-saving food to people who have been displaced by conflict or rendered destitute by disasters and to assist individuals and communities in finding life-changing solutions to the many challenges they face in constructing better futures. The passion, dedication, and professionalism of almost 21,000 staff members support the WFP worldwide.
WFP seeks to improve women’s and children’s nutrition, assist smallholder farmers in raising productivity, and lowering losses. They seek to aid nations and communities in preparing for and resolving climate-related shocks and increase human capital through school feeding initiatives.
In times of violence, they provide relief to drained communities and use food assistance to create avenues for peace and stability. For this effort, they gave the WFP the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020.
The organization is present in Uganda and has been an integral part of Uganda’s humanitarian efforts over the years. WFP has brought succor to many Uganda communities facing a food crisis. We see their signature projects in mostly the remote areas of Uganda where famine and food crises are more prevalent.
In addition to humanitarian works, WFP Jobs in Uganda has employed many people as they keep working with partner agencies to eradicate the food crises in the country.
Current Jobs at World Food Programme Uganda.
WFP Uganda Jobs available cut across different specialties and qualifications. There are positions for experienced personnel and entry-level graduate positions. The application process is non-discriminatory and open to all.
Below are the available positions at World Food Programme Uganda.
Title: Procurement Assistant -Kyenjojo
About Procurement Assistant at WFP
For the job of Procurement Assistant, located in the South West Area Office in Kyenjojo, we are looking for a skilled candidate. The chosen individual will work under a service contract. He or she will carry out and put into practice the proper methods, processes, and policies that enable successful and efficient procurement services.
- Will assist professional personnel in acquiring goods and services for effective field operations, and carry out administrative procurement duties in a timely and effective manner.
- Will support effective procurement programs and operational activities (such as issuing tenders, evaluating offers, and negotiating/awarding contracts), compile data, produce documentation, and distribute them while ensuring that they followed standard procedures.
- The applicant will also facilitate the purchase of products and services, and review, record, and prioritize purchase requests while making sure they receive all necessary supporting documentation.
- B.sc in procurement, logistics, supply chain, finance, business studies, economics, or any other comparable topic from an accredited university is highly desired.
- Experience from WFP Jobs in Uganda or similar UN jobs is an advantage.
Title: Business Support Assistant (Programme) – Kyenjojo
About Business Support Assistant WFP Job in Uganda
The Business Support Assistant (Program) will assist with the operations of general food aid verification to make sure the proper people receive the appropriate assistance.
- A degree from an accredited university in one of the following disciplines: agriculture, nutrition, food science, or social sciences.
- Experience supervising the implementation of relief, recovery, or development programs in rural regions for at least two years
- An advantage would be having a postgraduate degree.
- Education in food security analysis, activism, and communication.
- The capacity to gather and compile the data required for WFP to make informed operational choices.
Title: Programme Policy Officer (Market Development)
About Programme Policy Officer WFP Job in Uganda (Market Development)
For the job of Programme Policy Officer (Market Development) SC8, which would be situated in Kampala, we are looking for a skilled professional. The chosen applicant will work under a service contract (12 months renewable). The UN World Food Programme is developing a new program in Uganda that aims to strengthen the food systems and encourage more possibilities for youth and women to work in the value chain in order to further the Zero Hunger objective.
- Degree from an accredited university in supply chain management, economics, business administration, logistics, or a closely related discipline.
- Proficient written and spoken communication skills in the UN’s official language (English) at the duty location.
- It will be an advantage if you are familiar with at least one native tongue, including Swahili.
- Demonstrates a willingness to experiment and explore new methods and ways in one’s own work.
- Engages in open discussion and respects the many viewpoints of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or assigned country.
- Displays a knowledgeable and responsible attitude while dealing with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
Title: Drivers (WFP)
About Drivers Job at World Food Programme Uganda
Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs), and Field Offices all have positions like these (FOs). Drivers of light vehicles, trucks, vans, motorbikes, or any other kind of ground transportation must report to the Administration Officer, Logistics Officer, or designee.
They might be given the responsibility of driving speedboats or other kinds of watercraft. The position could involve providing simple administrative support in the office or retail. They will also organize the efficient and secure transfer of goods or allowed employees.
- Will guarantee safe and effective services, and provide transportation for authorized personnel.
- Proficiency in local languages because he/she will be a translator for the officials.
- Understanding of traffic laws, chauffeur procedures, local waterways and highways, weather conditions, and security concerns.
- Having knowledge of other criteria, such as the vehicle’s loading capacity.
- Sound knowledge of any applicable driving or boating laws and regulations.
- Only those with a minimum of secondary school education can apply for this current world food programme jobs in Uganda.
- Formal driving instructions and a current driver’s license or certification are required to operate the allocated car under local laws.
- Two or more years of work experience as a driver, ideally in a foreign country, embassy, or UN system, and a track record of safe driving.
Title: Head of Programme
About Head of Programme WFP Job in Uganda
to develop and administer programs of average size or complexity that successfully address the needs for food assistance, contribute to the creation of policies, and offer technical guidance or oversight on the design and execution of programs.
- A graduate degree in areas such as rural development, development economics, business, social protection, agriculture, or a similar field.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant operational, technical, and leadership experience in the domains of humanitarian aid and development.
- Technical proficiency in quantitative or qualitative analysis that has been demonstrated to assist programs.
- Help people use information efficiently and on time in accordance with WFP procedures and standards.
- Must have equally gained experience from WFP Uganda jobs or similar NGO Jobs in Uganda.
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer
About Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer
These positions report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer and can be found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs), or Country Offices (COs). Job holders are likely working closely with a senior professional staff member who has greater experience in their field, receiving direction and regular feedback on the work they have completed. They often engage in limited complexity analytical work of a similar sort and are involved in program or policy activities.
- Incorporate broad indicators into M&E’s responsibilities across all programs and DLGs development plans.
- Must be a team player carrying team members along.
- Participate in the study of output and outcome data, provide suggestions for changes to Social Protection program interventions, and strengthen WFP’s and DLG’s capacity to present positive project outcomes.
- A master’s degree in performance management, sociology, agricultural economics, social development, statistics, biostatistics, or another related field.
- A minimum of five years’ worth of experience in foreign development projects with M&E responsibilities.
Title: Administrative Assistant
About Administrative Assistant Job in World Food Programme Uganda
The incumbent will assist efficient delivery and upkeep of client-focused, value-for-money-orientated quality administrative procedures under the UN Business Operations Strategy (BOS). The candidate is expected to be in charge of carrying out a variety of procedures and tasks that call for some interpretation of accepted policies or procedures, including the ability to suggest a course of action to staff members at various levels.
- Answer common questions about UN common services and offer prompt and precise advice.
- Manage recurring administrative and financial duties and support efficient and timely resource management.
- Maintain common services records and documentation to make sure that data is well-organized and accessible to personnel.
- Record-keeping for Regional Operations Management Team (ROMT) sessions is required.
- A degree from a reputable university in business, public administration, or a comparable sector.
- Additionally, It will be an advantage to have postgraduate professional training in management or administration.
- Before applying for World Food Programme Uganda Jobs 2023/2024, applicants must have at least five years of professional experience in a similar role at a UN agency or another organization with a similar level of reputation.
Title: Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping Officer
About Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping Officer at WFP
For the job of Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping Officer (Team Lead), which will be situated in Kampala, we are looking for a skilled professional. The chosen individual will work for a set period of time.
- A master’s degree in a related discipline, such as agriculture, nutrition, sociology, economics, or rural development.
- Will also ensure that the government and stakeholders’ requirements for technical mapping and evaluation are satisfied, and keep in constant touch with the government’s focal points.
- Provide coaching and guidance especially, to colleagues under his supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to experiment and explore new methods and ways in one’s own work.
- Support partners in sharing experiences, lessons learned, and best practices.
Title: Finance Officer
About Finance Officer World Food Programme Job in Uganda.
These positions are available at Headquarters, Regional Bureaux, and Country Offices (COs) (HQ). Employees often answer to a Finance Officer with greater authority. In a CO or RB, work as a member of a finance team and offer broad financial support. The job holders in the Head office work in a more specific area of finance. The job may involve all facets of finance, budget, and administration, or it may place an emphasis on finance or one or more of these areas depending on the size and requirements of the office or unit.
- Control finance assistants and associates.
- Degree from an academic institution in accounting, business administration, or a comparable discipline.
- membership in a globally recognized professional accounting organization, such as the Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Will assist in budgeting and organizing a financial framework of plans for the organization.
- Experience from doing similar WFP Jobs in Uganda.
- This World Food Programme Job 2023/2024 in Uganda is for only legal residents in the country.
How to Apply for Current Jobs at World Food Programme Uganda 2023/2024
Interested Persons who have gone through the recruitment requirements should proceed and visit the application portals as outlined and apply for their chosen positions.
Furthermore, the recruitment process for World Food Programme Uganda Jobs is not discriminatory as they afford everyone the same application opportunity. However, be reminded that every document and qualification submitted will be subject to verification. They will disqualify unverified documents.
Finally, be careful not to fall for recruitment scammers. Application for WFP Jobs in Uganda 2023/2024 is free and doesn’t require any fee to apply.