Do you remember the old adage about a farmer being unable to go to the farm without his hoe? It’s the same for a college student who doesn’t have access to a computer. You’ll need a laptop for college, and nothing beats getting one at a steep discount. Learn how to get Lenovo student laptops at a discounted price. When it comes to laptops for college students, you want something stylish and current.
However, with such high standards, you also want something affordable so that you don’t go into debt to buy a laptop. Lenovo is one such laptop manufacturer that offers slickness and quality, but at what cost? Yes, absolutely! Lenovo is a well-known brand of desktop and laptop computers. Its Thinkpad and Ideapad brands have gained a lot of traction. However, quality comes at a price, and Lenovo’s products aren’t cheap.
Lenovo, however, recognizes your plight as a student and offers up to a 25% discount on student laptops if you can show proof of enrollment. So, in this post, you’ll learn everything there is to know about the Lenovo student laptop discount, from who qualifies to the best Lenovo laptop deals for students. To navigate through this article, use the table of contents below.
Why Buy a Lenovo Laptop?
Why should you choose Lenovo, aside from the fact that you can get a discount on a laptop as a college student? Lenovo is known for thinking outside the box when it comes to product development. You can tell you’re looking at innovative quality, from the durable hinges to the acclaimed keyboards. Lenovo systems are also efficient and quiet. Internal components are less stressed, have lower power consumption, and are more comfortable to handle.
1. Indestructible Reliability: With Lenovo, there’s no question about the product’s durability. Lenovo systems are put through rigorous stress tests to ensure that they meet stringent reliability requirements. Dust and vibration, heat, cold, altitude, water, and humidity are all tested on their laptops.
2. Easily Customizable: If you buy something from the Lenovo store, you can tell Lenovo exactly what you want. They’ll gladly customize it for you.
3. Award-Winning Design: If you’re looking for a fashionable look, the Lenovo store is the place to go. Lenovo’s forward-thinking designs have garnered hundreds of international awards.
4. Free Shipping/Easy Returns: Lenovo offers free UPS standard shipping on nearly all items with easy returns, from workstations to accessories. You will receive your order free of charge within days after it leaves Lenovo’s warehouse.
5. Wide Selection: Lenovo has a wide range of computers to choose from, so whatever you need a computer for, Lenovo has it. Lenovo has everything from the smallest tablets to the most powerful workstations. And you may be able to afford these items.
Not to mention the fact that if you can prove that you are a college student, you can get a discount on a Lenovo laptop.
Who Is Eligible for A Lenovo Student Discount?
It’s funny how people can pretend to be someone they aren’t to receive special benefits. As a result, there are a few requirements that you must meet to qualify for Lenovo’s student discount. You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a Lenovo student laptop discount:
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- Be enrolled in a college, university, community college, or technical college at the time of application.
You are not eligible for the Lenovo student discount if you are a primary or secondary school student. As a result, it’s more akin to a Lenovo student laptop discount. College students who have not yet reached the age of eighteen are not eligible for the discount. Furthermore, if you’re currently enrolled in professional training courses but not at a qualifying university or college, you won’t be eligible for the Lenovo student discount on laptops.
What Can You Get With a Lenovo Student Discount?
Here’s the deal: Lenovo is offering students a 25% discount on ThinkPad laptops and a 20% discount on IdeaPad laptops. These discounts may change from time to time, but there is always a discount on the purchase of laptops for students at any given time. As a result, periodically checking Lenovo’s Student and Teacher Discounts page will suffice. You’ll need to create an ID.me account, submit your information, and apply your Lenovo student discount.
After verifying that you are a student, these discounts are applied to the shopping cart. Thus, you won’t see the discount reflected in prices on the Lenovo website. The following is a step-by-step guide to registering for the Lenovo student discount.
How to Get a Student Discount from Lenovo
Lenovo uses ID.me to verify your enrollment, as previously stated. To take advantage of the Lenovo student discount, you must first create an ID.me account and set it up. The ID.me account has the advantage of not being restricted to Lenovo. You can also use it to get discounts on other ID.me-enabled websites. ID.me also verifies teachers, first responders, government employees, and members of the armed forces and students.
Signing Up for the Lenovo Student Discount: A Step-by-Step Guide
To get an ID.me account and verify your enrollment as a student at a qualified institution, follow the steps below:
- Go to ID.me and click “Create an ID.me Account” in the top right corner of the page under My Account.
- Type in your email address and password, then click Sign Up. You can also use your Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn account to log in to ID.me.
- In the top right corner of the page, click My Account.
- Go to the Wallet tab and select IDs and Logins.
- Select + Add ID from the drop-down menu.
- Select Student from the drop-down menu.
It might be good to add any of the other qualifying IDs to this list if you have them. You can come back to this step later to add them. If you are a student and a service member, for example, when you return, click Troop and follow the on-screen instructions. You would then be eligible for any applicable discounts for both troops and students.
- Confirm your school enrollment by clicking Confirm.
- Press the Start button.
- Choose your school, fill out the form, and then click Continue.
- Follow any additional instructions on the ID.me website, then go to Lenovo.com to take advantage of your discount. This is the case if the system automatically verifies your school. Return to step 9 and select Upload student documentation if the system is unable to verify your enrollment.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Lenovo Student Discount
The Lenovo student discount for laptop purchases works similarly to a coupon code. You use it when you’re ready to check out and buy your items. In this case, however, instead of a coupon code, you’d enter your ID.me information. Lenovo gives you a discount on your laptop purchase because your ID.me information verifies that you’re a college student. The following are the steps to taking advantage of your Lenovo student discount:
- Go to Lenovo’s Student & Teacher Discounts page and select SHOP THINKPAD LAPTOPS or SHOP IDEAPAD LAPTOPS from the drop-down menu.
- Look for a laptop that interests you, and then click SHOP NOW.
- To select a specific laptop, click VIEW MODELS.
- Choose a model and then click ADD TO CART. When prompted, click ADD TO CART once more to complete the process and see your cart.
- Click + Military/Student/Teacher/50+% Off
- Go to ID.me and verify your identity.
- Select Student to get the Lenovo student discount, then click Continue to sign in.
- You’ll be prompted to verify your enrollment if you haven’t already done so with your ID.me account. ID.me will send your information to Lenovo to unlock your discount if you’ve already verified it.
- Double-check that your discount is applied to your item before completing your purchase.
What if The Automatic ID.ME Verification Fails?
Lenovo uses ID.me to verify your student status, and the process is typically automated and painless. But what if Lenovo can’t automatically verify that you’re a student using your ID.me account? You’ll have to upload supporting documentation to get your student discount if this happens. For manual verification, ID.me accepts the following types of proof:
- A current student ID card with a visible expiration date;
- a transcript showing current enrollment; and
- an enrollment verification letter from your college or university’s Office of the Registrar.
If you are still unable to access the Lenovo student discount after completing the manual ID.me verification, you should contact ID.me customer service for further assistance. They may assign someone to process your application on their end manually.
How Does Lenovo Ensure that Students Are Enrolled?
Lenovo checks if you’re eligible for its student laptop discount using an identity verification service called ID.me, as we previously explained. Lenovo uses ID.me to verify that you are currently enrolled as a student at a qualifying institution. Because secondary school students are not eligible for the Lenovo student discount, ID.me verifies enrollment at four-year universities, junior and community colleges, and technical colleges.
Other large companies use ID.me to verify your eligibility for their discounts at any time. So, once you’ve signed up for ID.me, you’ll be able to take advantage of various student discounts from companies other than Lenovo. It’s also where first responders and service members get discounts, so it’s worth creating an account even if you’re not interested in the Lenovo student discount. If ID.me is unable to verify your enrollment automatically, you can upload supporting documents for verification.
To do so, you’ll need to scan your documents and have them manually reviewed by ID.me employees. It takes longer because this method isn’t automated. You may not need to go through this process in the first place, as ID.me’s automatic verification failure is uncommon.
When I Graduate, What Happens to My Lenovo Student Discount?
Remember that the Lenovo student laptop discount is only available to currently enrolled students in accredited colleges. As a result, if you graduate or drop out of college, you will no longer be eligible for the Lenovo student laptop discount. If you decide to become a teacher or a service member in the future, you may need to update your ID.me account. In this case, you’ll qualify for the Lenovo student and teacher laptop discount.
What are the Lenovo Student and Teacher Discounts?
For those returning to school, Lenovo has some great deals. These discounts apply to student laptops, electronics, and other school supplies. You’ll find stylish laptops, powerful desktops and towers, lightweight Chromebooks, and tablets at reasonable prices on the Lenovo store. Lenovo offers PCs for students of all levels, as follows:
- Teenagers who are transitioning to advanced high school courses
- For the first time, college freshmen arrive on campus.
- The focus of doctoral students was on number crunching and analysis.
- Adults who have been out of the classroom for a long time.
You get a strong warranty when you buy computers from Lenovo for any of these categories of products. You’ll also have access to advanced technical support and a vibrant user community. As you may be aware, if you purchase a laptop from Lenovo as a college student, you will be eligible for discounts. Here are some products to consider for online research, class assignments, term papers, or just to watch movies and play games:
1. Laptops for Students
You can select a stylish, highly portable IdeaPad laptop from the Lenovo store as a student. You can also go with Lenovo’s storied ThinkPad line. The Yoga 2-in-1, for example, can be used as both a laptop and a tablet. If you’re a student who enjoys playing PC games, a Lenovo Legion laptop is a good choice. If you’re on a tight budget, however, look into Lenovo’s more affordable laptop line, and keep in mind that students get a discount. What do you really need as a college student, a desktop or a laptop? Check out the entire guide here.
2. Towers and Desktops for Students
If you do most of your schoolwork at a desk, Lenovo’s ThinkCentre and IdeaCentre systems are worth a look. They are available in a variety of price ranges. Lenovo’s Legion gaming line-up includes towers for PC gamers in this category. If your job as a student requires you to work with demanding applications, the Lenovo store has high-powered PC workstations that will suit your needs.
3. Chromebooks and Tablets for Students
You’ll need a lightweight PC if you’re a student who needs a laptop for simple web research, word processing, and other similar tasks. Lenovo’s ultra-portable Chromebook is ideal for you. Consider a Tablet for off-hours activities such as social media, podcasts, etc.
4. PC Accessories for Students
PC accessories may be required for your computers’ best possible experience and enjoyment. The Lenovo store has excellent keyboards, mice, speakers, headphones, and external monitors. Many of these products are also eligible for Lenovo’s student discount.
Important: Purchase a Lenovo laptop that will last you the duration of your studies. As a result, research the processor speeds, RAM allocations, and other critical specifications of the PC you’ll be purchasing.
What if I Don’t Have Enough Money to Buy a Laptop for A Student?
Lenovo offers computer financing options if you can’t afford a Lenovo laptop and want to take advantage of the student discount. Students and teachers can take advantage of Lenovo’s flexible laptop financing options. This is to prevent you from submitting late assignments or failing to prepare for your next lecture adequately. You can get computer financing without a credit check with Lenovo’s computer financing. Lenovo offers the following computer financing options:
1. Lenovo Klarna
For your credit laptop purchase, Lenovo Klarna computer financing charges no interest. However, for orders under $5000, however, you must pay in full within 6 or 12 months. If your order totals more than $5000.01, you can take advantage of special financing. Lenovo will charge interest if you do not fully pay for your purchase by the end of the 6- or 12-month promotional period. This interest will be charged at a rate of 19.99 percent per annum from the transaction posting date (APR).
2. Lenovo Katapult
You can’t get a loan because you don’t have any credit? There’s no need to be concerned. You can pay over time with Lenovo’s Katapult computer financing. The Katapult financing program is a lease-to-own program. There’s also a 90-day Early Purchase plan for just $45 at checkout! Check it out by clicking the button below.
Lenovo’s student discount is a way for the company to assist college students and teachers in purchasing a laptop that will allow them to effectively complete their tasks. Lenovo Ideapad and Thinkpad laptops are all eligible for the discount. It’s a 20% discount on the Ideapad and a 25% discount on the Thinkpad’s retail price. You must be a current student at an accredited two-year or four-year college in the United States to qualify for this Lenovo student discount.
Lenovo uses the ID.me service to quickly verify your student discount eligibility. As a result, you must register with ID.me to receive the Lenovo student discount on laptops. The benefit of signing up with ID.me is that it qualifies you for Lenovo discounts and discounts from other companies that use the service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Lenovo’s student discount entail?
Lenovo offers a 20-25 percent student discount to students who are currently enrolled in an accredited two-year community college or four-year university.
What is the cost of a Lenovo student discount?
The Lenovo student discount varies depending on the Lenovo student laptop you choose. Lenovo is offering a 20 percent discount on its Ideapad laptops and a 25 percent discount on its Thinkpad laptops.
How do I get a Lenovo student discount?
You’ll need to create an ID.me account, submit your information, and apply your Lenovo student discount. After verifying that you are a student, these discounts are applied to the shopping cart.
Is it true that Lenovo laptops are suitable for students?
Yes, Lenovo laptops are good for students because they come in a wide range of models that can be used for online research, class assignments, term papers, or simply watching movies and playing games. Their laptops are attractive, long-lasting, and dependable.
What is a Lenovo Ideapad, and how does it work?
Lenovo Ideapad is a stylish and highly portable laptop brand from Lenovo. It’s one of the Lenovo laptop brands that college students can get a discount on if they buy from the Lenovo store and prove that they’re still enrolled.
Is ID.me a secure site?
Yes, ID.me is a safe and secure hosting platform because it is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The fact that Lenovo and other major corporations are using it to verify people’s identities in exchange for discounts demonstrates that it is indeed secure.
Lastly, the Moden News team will appreciate you more if you check out our Reviews category. And also drop your comments, so we can know how to serve you better.