Jobs at NEMA Uganda | National Environment Management Authority
The National Environmental Management Authority was established in Uganda under the 1955 environmental act. Since NEMA was established, it has gone on to make positive impacts in Ugandan society, especially in the area of disaster management. Helping affected regions to resettle while also providing relief materials to the affected. Aside from managing disaster and emergency situations, NEMA has also been a major employer of labor. It has many eligible Uganda men and women in its workforce including skilled and unskilled persons. This is to inform the general public that recruitment has commenced for Jobs at NEMA Uganda.
NEMA recruitment portal is open to all eligible Ugandans, especially those with a good understanding of NEMA Ugandan Jobs. We also believe individuals with experience in NEMA driver, executive, and administrative NEMA Uganda jobs should apply. National Emergency Management Authority officials reiterated their commitment to ensuring a transparent recruitment process, saying everybody will be given an equal opportunity during the recruitment.
Jobs at NEMA Uganda
Below are the advertised NEMA Uganda Jobs. Apply if you see anyone you can fit into its description. Read up on the requirements and apply for the one that suits your skill and experience.
Why You Should Apply for NEMA Uganda Jobs
We equally have researched some incentives and features of this recruitment we believe will interest applicants.
- Uganda NEMA Jobs are pensionable.
- Successful applicants will enjoy government-sponsored training.
- National Emergency Management Authorities Jobs are among the highest paying jobs in Uganda.
- Recruitment into NEMA is open to all and is devoid of favoritism.
- Good and excellent working conditions.
- Very flexible work routines.
- Steady salaries, unlike the private sector.
- There is job security as every employed staff is handed an appointment letter.
- NEMA offers good packages including housing allowance, welfare, and other incentives.
- A good number of the positions are entry-level jobs and can be applied for with little or no experience.
- NEMA Uganda Jobs 2023 is a sure path to start off as a top government agency in Uganda.
Job Title: Senior Information Technology Officer
Requirements for the Position of Senior Information Technology Officer
- The technology officer is mainly concerned with ensuring that the computer systems in the organizations are working and functioning optimally
- NEMA Uganda Jobs 2023 recruitment officials will employ only Master’s Degree holders for this job.
- Don’t apply if you are not a legal resident in Uganda.
- In addition to ensuring the steady running of the organization’s computer systems, the candidate will also assist in the installation, testing, modifications, and evaluation of all networks and data infrastructure in the organization.
- Will equally engage in maintenance and repairs among other IT jobs at NEMA.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience doing similar NEMA jobs in Uganda.
Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Requirements for the Position of Senior Procurement Officer at NEMA
- The senior procurement officer will act as head of the procurement and disposal unit in the National Emergency Management Agency.
- The selected applicant will also be part of the team that will ensure compliance with PPDA and development partners.
- Only master’s degree holders in courses related to this NEMA Uganda Jobs 2023 can apply.
- Applicants will also need to tender evidence of membership in the Institute of Procurement Professionals of Uganda.
- A good length of experience doing related jobs in Uganda is essential.
- NEMA Jobs portal will only validate applications for legal residents in Uganda.
Title: Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager (Employment Opportunity)
Requirements for the Position Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager at NEMA
- The candidate will handle legal and corporate affairs engagements of the authority.
- Will provide legal advice to NEMA as it affects environmental law.
- Assist in ensuring total compliance with environmental laws and draft litigation papers against defaulters.
- Represent NEMA in all legal proceedings. This includes litigation and court proceedings.
- Must have sound knowledge of Uganda’s environmental law.
- Nothing less than a Masters’s Degree in Law.
- Only Ugandans and legal residents in the country can apply.
- Candidates will also need to render a post-graduate diploma certificate before they can be considered for this Job at NEMA Uganda.
- It will be an advantage if you have done similar jobs before either in Uganda or outside.
Title: Project Assistant
Field: Project Management
Requirements for the Position of Project Assistant at NEMA
- NEMA Job recruitment officials are looking for individuals with the skill and experience in project management.
- Participate in consultations with stakeholders and beneficiaries involved with the project, and assist them in observing and complying with relevant national and international laws and policies related to the protection of the Ozone Layer.
- NEMA’s ideal candidates are Masters’s degree holders in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, and Environmental Sciences.
- Proficiency in the use of the UNEP tool kit for identification and quantification of chemical releases associated with technologies dependent on controlled /prohibited chemicals.
- Sound understanding of thermo-dynamics and other related project management terms.
- Experience in doing similar Uganda NEMA Jobs.
Title: Senior Accountant
Requirements for the Position of Senior Accountant at NEMA
- The senior accountant will be in charge of the NEMA accounting system and infrastructure.
- Candidates must be well-grounded in the area of auditing and accounting.
- Will provide mentorship for interns working at NEMA.
- Will assume supervisory roles in the Authority.
- Assist heads of departments in monitoring financial policies and procedures appropriate to their sections.
- NEMA jobs portal will only validate applicants with a Master’s Degree.
- Must be a certified member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda.
How to apply for a job at NEMA Uganda
Apply through the recruitment application form
Interested persons should apply here; nema.go.ug/jobs or by downloading and filling out the recruitment form.
When you must have downloaded this form, the next step you will take is to fill out the form. Attaching requisite academic transcripts and certificates in one pdf file named “Position-Name of Applicant”. And then forward it to [email protected].
NEMA does not require money for you to submit this application form. Do not fall for the cheap scams of some unscrupulous persons.
Additionally, the NEMA Jobs portal will not validate any unverifiable document or certification you intend to apply for this job with. Therefore, ensure every document presented for this recruitment is verifiable to avoid disqualification.