Have you ever wondered how to transfer a visa gift card to a bank account? Visa gift cards are a popular choice for many people looking to purchase items online.
This card allow you to pay for purchases at millions of locations across the United States. But what happens when you want to transfer money from your Visa gift card balance to your bank account?
You probably receive a number of Visa gift cards each year, usually around the holidays, if you’re anything like me. I don’t always want to use them for shopping, though.
This gift card balance should be moved to my bank account. What then shall I do? Simply put, there is no direct method for achieving it. However, these are the top techniques and workarounds.
What is a Visa Gift Card?
A Visa gift card is a prepaid card loaded with a specific amount of money for the purpose of multiple purchases for as long as funds remain in the card, and for the benefit of controlling sending.
Two types of cards exist which are prepaid Debit cards and prepaid credit cards.
Easy Ways to Transfer Visa Gift Card to Bank Account
Here are 13 easy ways to transfer your Visa gift card balance into your bank account quickly, easily, and hassle-free:
1. Send money on PayPal using a Visa gift card
This is the best method for you if you use PayPal and wish to transfer the balance of your Visa gift card to your PayPal account. Logging into your PayPal account and selecting “Send money” are the first two steps and then from the list of available payment methods, select “Pay with debit or credit card.”
Your Visa gift card number and CVV number should be entered together with the amount that needs to be transferred using your Visa gift card balance (3-digit code). Follow the PayPal instructions by clicking the Continue button.
2. Withdraw money from an ATM by using a Visa gift card
You can use a Visa gift card to make an ATM withdrawal if you have one. One of the simplest ways to transfer the money on your Visa gift card to your bank account is through this method.
Simply locate a Visa-accepting ATM and use your gift card to withdraw money from it. If some ATMs provide a cash-back option, you can use it to withdraw money and have some of it returned to your prepaid debit or credit cards at the same time.
3. Transfer a Visa gift card to your bank account by using CoinStar
CoinStar is a coin-counting machine that can be found in grocery stores. It’s designed to help you convert your loose change into cash, but it also works with gift cards. You can use CoinStar to transfer a Visa gift card to your bank account by following these steps:
- Take the Visa gift card you want to convert into cash, and go to the CoinStar machine at the grocery store where you bought it from.
- Insert your card into the slot on the front of the machine so that it registers as well as possible between two sensors inside of it (you may hear an audible “click” when this happens). If not all of your information has been read properly, try again until all data is registered properly by pressing down firmly onto any buttons or levers until they click back into place after they’ve been pressed once before trying again (this should happen automatically).
- Select which type of currency would work best for you whether that be USD or CAD and insert bills accordingly until enough money has been counted from them in order for them not only to cover but exceed what’s available on your Visa gift card(s).
4. Transfer your Visa gift card balance to your bank account in Amazon.com
Transfer your Visa gift card balance to your bank account on Amazon.com in four easy steps:
- Go to amazon.com/giftcards and click “Shop Now”
- Select your gift card and click the button “Add to Shopping cart”
- To confirm the payment method, enter your shipping address and billing information. Then click on “Pay with Amazon account” or continue shopping if you don’t have an Amazon account yet.
- Select “Other Payment Options” at checkout then choose “Transfer to bank” as a payment method, enter the amount you want to transfer from the gift card balance into a bank account, hit the next button then complete the checkout process by entering all required information like name address, etc.
5. Transfer your Visa gift card balance to your bank account with the help of the VGC balance service
Use the VGC balance service if you’re looking for the best and simplest way to transfer your Visa gift card balance.
It is a terrific way to quickly and easily transfer the balance on your gift card. Visa offers a free service called VGC balance that facilitates money transfers across accounts in a matter of minutes. Additionally, this choice has a number of other advantages, including:
- Faster than other options available
- No additional charges or fees involved
- Safe & secure transactions
6. Use the Square Cash App to transfer Visa Gift Card to Bank Account
If you have a Square Cash account, the app can be used to transfer money from your Visa gift card to your bank account. This can be done quickly and easily. The steps are:
- Create a free Square Cash account by downloading the app on either Android or iOS device
- Load your Visa gift card balance into your Square Cash account
- Enter the amount that you would like to transfer from your Visa gift card balance to your bank account
7. Use Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay to send money from a Visa gift card to your bank account
For those who are unaware, there are millions of merchant locations worldwide where Visa gift cards can be used.
This implies that you can spend your Visa Gift card in a variety of locations, including shops, eateries, and hotels all around the world.
Some people, however, might not want to retain their balance on these cards because they are worried they would misplace it or leave it behind in their home or place of business.
In these situations, individuals require a method for transferring a gift card’s leftover amount into their bank account so they can use it as needed in the future.
There are currently a number of ways to transfer Visa Gift Card Balance To a Bank Account, such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay, but some users may not have any of them installed on their phones.
As a result, we are here to offer an alternative method so that anyone can transfer Visa Gift Card Balance from phone to bank account without using any third-party apps at all.
8. Use Bluebird Alternative Debit Card for PayPal Verification
This is one of the easiest ways to transfer your visa gift card balance to your bank account.
In order to complete this process, you will need a Bluebird Alternative Debit Card which can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
In addition, PayPal verification is required for transactions over $3,000 and not required for transactions under $3,000.
9. Request a check for the remaining balance.
You might be able to get the last bit of cash on your Visa gift card by asking for a check for the remaining balance.
By calling the number listed on the back of your Visa gift card and following their procedures, you can ask for a check.
The process can also be finished by visiting www.visagiftcards.com/check-balance and following the instructions if your card’s back does not have a number indicated.
10. Download Ibotta App and Link Your Gift Card
If you want to transfer your Visa gift card balance to your bank account, you can use the Ibotta app. This is a free app that lets you earn money by shopping and completing other tasks. It’s also a great way to save money.
To use the Ibotta app for transferring Visa gift card balance:
- Download and install the app on your mobile device. The app supports both Android and iOS devices.
- Use the “Transfer Money” option in Settings and then choose Bank Account or PayPal from there.
Add Visa Gift Card to Venmo
If you haven’t heard of Venmo, it’s a popular mobile payments app owned by PayPal. We can utilize it to transfer the Visa gift card balance to our linked bank account.
Apart from Visa gift cards, Venmo supports debit, credit, and prepaid, network branded (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) cards that are registered under your name.
To open a Venmo account:
- Download the Venmo app
- Open it
- Choose a personal or a business account
- Tap on “Sign Up”
- Enter your phone number
- Enter the code you got
- Add your first and last name
- Choose a username
- Enter your email and create a password
- Check the box
- Agree to terms and conditions
- Sync phone or Facebook contacts, or skip
12. Trade it in at a Gift Card Exchange Kiosk
You may have seen an ATM-like machine in your shopping mall or a big-box retailer. Did you know that you can use it to sell your gift cards for cash?
Simply swipe your gift card and see what the offer is. Same as with websites that buy gift cards, the fees are steep and you may not like the deal that the exchange machine gives you.
13. Add Visa Gift Card to Your PayPal Wallet
PayPal is arguably the best option for transferring your Visa gift card balance to your bank account.
There’s a good chance you already have a PayPal account. If that’s the case, you need to simply link your gift card to your PayPal wallet.
After that, you can either use the gift card to fund your PayPal purchases or transfer the funds to your linked bank account.
Let’s start from the beginning. How to open a PayPal account. If you already have one, simply skip this step.
To open a PayPal account on a computer, follow the steps:
- Open the PayPal website
- Select from a personal or business account
- If opening a personal account, choose from:
- Online shopper
- Not sure
- Select your country
- Enter your phone number
- Enter the code you got
- Enter your email address
- Create a password
- Click Continue
Money can be moved from your Visa gift cards to your bank account reasonably easily. However, as we have shown, the techniques do include additional procedures that you may or may not find acceptable.
You can link your gift card to PayPal, Venmo, or Cash App and forward the money to your bank account. This is the cheapest way to exchange gift cards for cash.
The more expensive ways include selling the gift card on a specialized website or mobile app, or even an exchange kiosk in your mall.
Sometimes, the most cost-effective option is to use the gift cards as intended – to buy stuff in-store or online.
Here is a great read on how to get chase student credit card.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I transfer a Visa gift card to my bank account?
- Sign up to create an account at MoneyGram.
- .Click ‘Send Money’ on the MoneyGram website.
- Fill in Bank Details. …. Activate your Visa Gift Card Online.
- Confirm your Visa Gift Card balance.
- Spend the Money Quickly.
- Sign up on Square.
How do I transfer a prepaid gift card to my bank account?
You can transfer money from a prepaid card to your bank account indirectly by trying some of the following options:
- Add the card to your PayPal or Venmo account and transfer the balance to your own account.
- Get money for a voucher issued by a Gift Card Exchange Kiosk and then deposit it into your account.
Can I transfer a Visa gift card to PayPal?
Definitely. PayPal is a money transfer platform that allows you to transfer money from one person to another. In addition, you can transfer the balance of a Visa Gift Card to your PayPal account to use it for different types of transactions
Can I pay myself with a gift card?
Yes, you can. Several mobile money service companies have payment readers that will allow you to accept payments from credit cards. Through this, you can pay yourself with a Visa gift card and pay a certain fee to a merchant