How to Make Money Online (on the Internet) in Nigeria – 50 Different Ways
These days, People are always online doing one thing or the other, almost everything that is done on earth has an online presence and the number of Internet users is on the increase. Everybody that has a business wants His/Her business to be online because they already see much benefits from being online. Also, investing in an Internet Business or going into online works is a smart choice because the Internet is getting bigger and more reliable than before.
On this page, you’ll find all the best ways to make money in your spare time whilst at university based on our own experience. In the same vein, we’ll keep adding new ways to this page so go ahead and bookmark it.
Top 50 Ways to Make Money Online in Nigeria
1. ONLINE SURVEY SURFING – Paid Survey.
Online survey surfing otherwise called paid survey is a type of statistical survey where the participants/members are rewarded through an incentive program, generally entry into a sweepstakes program or a small cash reward, for completing one or more surveys.
- Firstly, find the best user-rated survey website and consider the pay, the number of surveys, and the targeted user.
- Secondly, sign up for the website you have chosen. (Please note that survey websites usually pay you through raffles and websites like PayPal, so make sure you have a credit card or PayPal account.)
- Explore the website, find out how to select surveys that target you, how to get paid, and information about the company
- Usually, you have to wait a couple of days to receive a survey in your email inbox, so be patient. If you don’t get a survey within a month, contact the company.
- However, once you receive a survey, complete the survey with valid opinions. If the website asks for personal information that you don’t want to share, it’s time to find a new website.
- Certainly, once you’ve completed your first survey, find out how to redeem your prize or raffle ticket.
- After you have a good amount of money, either save it or go enjoy it. Now you can buy that new video game, or not be so stuck to store brands while buying groceries
- Repeat the last 3 steps over and over again. If survey taking is right for you, you’ll know it.
2. ONLINE MARKET TRADING.
Meanwhile, online trading is basically the act of buying and selling financial products through an online trading platform. That is to say, that these platforms are normally provided by internet based brokers and are available to every single person who wishes to try to make money from the market.
Most brokers, like iFOREX, provide a variety of financial products including Shares, Commodities, Indices and Forex. While trading Shares like Google or buying and selling Commodities like Gold or Silver might be quite familiar, Forex trading has gained extreme popularity over the last couple of years due to some of its major features.
3. IMPORTATION BUSINESS.
Certainly, this is one of the best and trending businesses moving around in the country of Nigeria. It has to do with bringing in goods or services from abroad for sale.
Before getting started. Note that you must…
- Have an area of interest and create a market for it
- Open an account and link it to Internet banking
- Thirdly and most importantly, search the foreign online shops and create an account with them.
- Place an order
- Paying for the goods You want to Import
- Take delivery of your order
4. V-LOGGING – START A YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Starting a youtube channel is the easiest way of making money online in Nigeria and needs absolutely no startup investment. To clarify, Youtube gets an amazing 5 billion views per day which prove its power on the internet. There’s no doubt how much money people are making online via this platform.
In fact, one man named Felix Kjellberg, the owner of PewDiePie has earned 12 million dollars back in 2015 by running a single Youtube channel.
You too can also make sure to stride on Youtube if you do the right thing.
N/B: This online money-making opportunity is best for people who love to create videos, like to talk in front of the camera, shoot comedy clips and films, etc.
5. START YOUR OWN BLOG AND WEBSITES.
Being a blogger is one of the easiest ways to make money from home. Unlike many other jobs that require a lot of time. Blogging is quite different because you don’t need to work from an office space, you can blog right from your comfort zone at home.
Further, you can work at any time you like and don’t take the whole day. It’s flexible also.
But, you have to take note, nothing comes easy, so blogging takes time for you to start making money. So, I suggest you jump into this slowly. If you have a day job, don’t quit. You can create your blog and work on a part-time basis.
Immediately you notice it’s paying you more than your comfortable limit, just quit your current job and face it full-time. However, If you are good at research and writing, I believe this profession will fit your desire.
6. START AFFILIATE MARKETING.
This one is a type of performance-based marketing in which businesses reward a certain percentage of commission for each product bought by the customers who were referred by the affiliate marketing effort.
In other words, this online money-making opportunity is best for people who have persuasion skills and like to talk and write.
7. PUBLISH A KINDLE EBOOK.
Publishing an ebook on Kindle is another simple but rare way to generate consistent passive income online. Did you know that Amazon is the biggest rival to Google and any other search engine like Yahoo and Bing?
In addition, more and more shoppers try to search for a product on Amazon than other traditional search engines.
When people want in-depth information on a specific topic, they go and search for eBooks on Amazon so as to get useful recommended books.
Basically, you can leverage on the booming request for these eBooks and generate a stable passive income source.
8. REVIEW WEBSITES AND APPS FOR COOL CASH.
A Website Tester is someone who gives their opinion about a random website. Some companies may require you to install software, which will enable your activity to be recorded. You may be informed to speak about the design of the site, quality, and ease of use.
Companies that will Pay you to Test Websites from Home;
- UserTesting – This company is currently hiring website testers nationwide. You are rewarded $10 cash for every 10-15 minute test you complete. No webcam is needed.
- Whatusersdo – Pay is $8 or more via Paypal. A test takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. You must have a Mac or PC, Internet access, and a microphone.
- UserTest – Pay is $10.50 per test study. It’s completely free to join and only takes 5 minutes to become a qualified tester.
- Enroll – Get paid to test websites before they are published. Earn cash rewards.
- UTest – This company offers a variety of website testing opportunities.
- UserFeel – This company pays around $10 per test.
- Start Up Lift – Website tester jobs are available immediately. You are paid $5 per test via Paypal.
- Analysia – Test takes around 15 minutes to complete. Pay is $10 per test.
- TryMyUI – Tests take around 15-20 minutes to complete. Pay is $10 per test.
- Userlytics – Both webcam and microphone are required to complete the test. Pay is $10 per test.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk – This company is owned by Amazon. It offers Website Tester jobs, but the pay may be much less than the others on this list.
- Testing Time – Get paid to conduct user testing studies. You will earn up $50 per test, paid via Paypal.
9. SELL WEBSITES ON FLIPPA.
I’m sure you’re probably hearing this for the first time. Yes, people build websites not for their personal use but for sale and this is one of the latest online money-making opportunities we have.
So Flippa is basically a place where you can sell and buy ready-made websites.
10. GET PAID TO SEARCH GOOGLE.
It’s possible to get paid hard cash just for searching the web with Qmee. It just involves downloading an add-on that sits on your internet browser. You then search online as you normally would on Google, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo, Bing, and Tesco.
Because Qmee will show extra results or adverts alongside normal search results (see picture). Some firms pay Qmee to appear in these ads, and Qmee gives you a cut of the cash. If the Qmee result interests you, click it and you’ll earn a few pence, usually 7-15p (though searches can pay up to £1 each).
11. THE ‘DISNEY VAULT’ SECRET
To keep demand high across generations, Disney Studios carefully restrict the supply of some home-release classics. As a result, they are locked away in the ‘vault’ for 8-10 years before being released for a short unspecified time.
Buy them in this window at normal retail price and you can turn a nice profit when they go off sale for another decade or so.
For example, in 2011 you could buy Beauty and the Beast on Blu-ray 3D for just £24.99. In just a couple of years, it was on Amazon for a staggering £74.99!
Importantly, not all Disney releases are subject to the vault and only the true classics will maintain such demand.
12. MAKE MONEY AS A DELIVERY OFFICER.
Got a bicycle, motorbike, or car? What about a Smartphone? That’s all you need to make some extra money by delivering food or people whenever you’ve got some spare time.
Firstly, sign up with delivery specialist companies like Deliveroo which are always on the hunt for new riders. Certainly, they allow you total flexibility to work when you want, delivering food from restaurants to the customers’ doors. You can make up to £16 an hour.
In short, double up your opportunities by directly contacting local takeaways and bigger chains like Domino to see if they have any delivery jobs going.
13. SELL GIGS ON FIVERR.
Fiverr is the leading marketplace for services starting at just $5. In other words, lots of people buy and sell services (and also products) every day through Fiverr.
The available services range from business promotion, social networking and advertisement to funny videos, graphic design and translations to mention just a few.
Moreover, these offered services are called “GIGS” on Fiverr. You can find almost anything you need. People from all over the world visit the site to offer their services and expertise.
14. MAKE MONEY AS A CLICKWORKER.
Clickworker provides digital tasks to registered Internet workers – we call them Clickworkers. Clickworkers are freelancers who utilize our workplace platform. Just as with other agencies, Clickworkers are required to register prior to starting their work.
Secondly, all data is treated as confidential and is used only for communications, assessment, and payment.
There are a variety of tasks, but most commonly they involve mindless data entry, web research or form filling. To clarify, you are rewarded and paid in cash (via Paypal) for the work you do, and you can choose what and when you work. Give it a go with VPN.
15. MAKE MONEY AS A FREELANCER ON UPWORK.
Upwork, formerly Elance-oDesk, is a global freelancing platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely. In 2015, Elance-oDesk was rebranded as Upwork
However, Upwork is a great place to find more clients, and to run and grow your own freelance business.
- Freedom to work on ideal projects. On Upwork, you run your own business and choose your own clients and projects. Just complete your profile and we’ll highlight ideal jobs. Also search projects, and respond to client invitations.
- Wide variety and high pay. Clients are now posting jobs in hundreds of skill categories, paying top price for great work.
- More and more success. The greater the success you have on projects, the more likely you are to get hired by clients that use Upwork.
16. CLAIM TAX BACK.
Many students work part-time or during the summer months, and others will be on placements or paid internships. More often than not, if you are a student working during the year, you will be overpaying income tax.
Why? Simply because few students reach the personal tax-free income allowance each year but are put on an emergency basic tax-code by their employers meaning tax is being paid when it shouldn’t be.
17. EARN MONEY WITH IWRITER.
iWRITE inspires kids to WRITE their own stories and provides publishing and leadership opportunities to our youth. At iWRITE, we embrace both sides of literacy, focusing on the importance of being a reader and a writer at a young age.
18. GET CASHBACK WHEN SHOPPING.
This is not only a way to make money but also to save money as a student. If you look at it in a different way then you are making money with every purchase you would have made anyway, whether it be 10% or 0.5% cashback.
Similarly, there are a number of cashback sites out there which pay you the commission they otherwise would have earned.
As a result, the Apply for a job team recommends signing up with Top Cashback, Quidco.com and Swagbucks which are free and offer the best selection of retailers and exclusives.
19. STUDENT JOB SEARCH – PART TIME JOBS.
A part-time job is the obvious first choice, opted for by most students looking to supplement their student loans. It provides a pretty steady flow of income and can enable you to gain valuable work experience.
But good jobs are not always easy to find!
Meanwhile, you can start with our student job search, then check local classifieds and your university careers service for vacancies.
It’s also worth signing up with CV Library, a free service that will match your CV with suitable part-time jobs and career opportunities.
20. REVIEW MUSIC FOR MONEY.
Certainly, if you love music, make it your business by reviewing unsigned bands and artists online for cash with Slicethepie.
It can take a while to build up your reputation but some users of the site have said that they earn £40 a month. However, this may not sound like much, but if it’s something you enjoy then it shouldn’t be hard work and is another thing for your CV.
Most noteworthy, the money you earn will be in $US but anyone can sign up and review.
21. SELL YOUR NOTES AND MAKE.
If you don’t mind sharing your notes with other students it’s a great way to generate a little extra cash. Because there are sites out there that you can upload your notes to, along with your price, and then when another student downloads them you get paid.
Most of these sites like Stuvia & Notesale are free for you to list your notes but tend to take a cut of your profit in order to handle the marketing etc so that you don’t have to go out there and promote your notes yourself.
You will most likely have to upload PDFs but it’s worth it for the return you can submit handwritten notes but you’re likely to make more money if they’re typed up.
22. RESALE DOMAIN NAMES.
A domain name is just a website address (eg. ‘currentschoolnews.com’ or ‘www.techdrillers.com’) and there are lots of extensions (.com, .net, .co.uk etc).
They cost as little as £1.99 to register with 123-reg.co.uk or GoDaddy.com yet premium domain names can fetch £1,000s if not millions when sold on. In 2007 VacationRentals.com went for a cool $35m!.
Now you’re probably not going to come across anything like that, but you can still turn a quick profit with a bit of searching. The trick is to find available domain names which have some commercial value, snap them up and then list them for sale on a site like Sedo.com.
23. MYSTERY SHOPPING.
In today’s world, becoming a mystery shopper is easier than you think and you can get rewarded handsomely.
We’ve recently come across a really fun smartphone app called Roamler that pays you in cash for completing various tasks in your local area. So definitely check that out first!
More traditionally, there are plenty of agencies that pay you to visit all sorts of shops to feedback on how they are performing.
24. EARN MONEY WITH COMMISSION JUNCTION.
Commission Junction is an affiliate program, which is almost certainly the best report for your efforts with the least demand on your time. This is one of the top 10 Best Affiliate Program, which is familiar with the money-making system. This request to online entrepreneurs since we manage the business and not have it runs us.
The attraction of this model is that it is practically risk-free except for your time. Also, it costs you nothing to sign up as an affiliate. Recommend the product and send your visitors to the site where the product is sold and if the customer buys the product, you will get paid a commission.
Amazon.com is credited with being the first company on the Net to fully develop the affiliate concept and now all the major companies have affiliate programs. See more information on How to signup, how to get approval from the advertiser, and a few other tips to make money.
25. MAKE MONEY AS A FREELANCER ON GURU PLATFORM.
If you fancy yourself as a guru in a particular area, you may be able to turn your skills and expertise in a lucrative career as a freelance worker.
Guru.com is one of the leading websites that connect freelancers with potential employers who want to pay them for their services. With a free membership and the ability to browse through hundreds of jobs on any given date, this is a site that you can use to jumpstart your career as a freelancer in your industry.
26. EARN COOL CASH ONLINE AS A FREELANCE DEVELOPER.
We’re living in the gig economy. With every day that passes, more and more of us come to the realization that we don’t need the traditional nine-to-five office job to fulfil our needs.
Therefore, being a freelance web developer today doesn’t elicit the same side-eyed scepticism that it used to in years past. We’re no longer limited (motivationally or financially) to sitting at a desk and trading hours for dollars.
How to make money from this profession;
- Specialize in something
- Join freelancing websites
- Build your street cred
- Put in the work
- Build your network
- Stay in direct touch
- Join affiliate programs
Sell second-hand course books
Be an Extra
Sell all your old CDs, games and movies
Trade on your education!
Sell your photos
Rent out your car parking space
Become your own bank
Work as a charity collector
Dog walking & sitting
Rent out your house for filming
Rent out your body
Sell clothes on eBay
Sell your stories and videos
Source property for wealthy investors