A Green Card is a permanent resident card granted by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as proof of a person’s authorization to live and work.
The green card holder (permanent resident) is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Canada Visa Application: A Step By Step Guide and Scholarships for International Students
- How to Get a Scholarship to study in Canada from Nigeria
- Download the Step-by-Step Guide PDF on How to Move to Canada
- Latest Germany Job Seeker Visa Requirement for Recruitment and Application Procedure
- Top Online Job Seeking Tips You Should Adopt
To be eligible to enter the Green Card Lottery you must be a native of a qualifying country
- To qualify for the USA Diversity Lottery, you must be a foreign citizen or national not born in the United States of America, from a country with a low immigration rate to the United States. People born in countries with high US immigration are excluded from this immigration program. Eligibility is determined only by the country of your birth, it is not based on country of citizenship or current residence. This is the most common misperception that applicants make when entering this immigration program.
- You must have at least a high school education or its equivalent or, within the past five years, have two years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience. A “high school education or equivalent” is defined as the successful completion of a twelve-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or successful completion in another country of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to high school education in the United States. Occupations that require at least two years of experience are determined from a list published by the Department of Labor.
- You are required to provide the name, date, and place of birth and gender of yourself, your spouse (wife or husband), and your children (unmarried under 21 years of age); your full mailing address; recent photographs of yourself, your spouse, and children.
- You have to include a photograph of yourself, your spouse (wife or husband), and each child listed on your application.
- Lastly, those who will like to see the full US green card lottery application requirements according to various categories should simply proceed to the full eligibility webpage here: www.uscis.gov.
How to Apply for Green Card Lottery
- Visit the Green Card Eligibility webpage to learn if you are eligible.
- Visit the Green Card Based Forms page for details on which forms you will need to complete and submit in order to apply for your permanent residence status.
- Follow the form instructions to submit an application for your green card. Make sure to follow all of the instructions or USCIS might not be able to process your application.
TO APPLY ONLINE;
- Log in to the USCIS web page or log in to www.usa.gov or HERE.
- Carefully fill in the forms correctly with all details accurately.
- Click submit when you are done.
To sum up, ensure you visit the career tips category of this website, drop your comments and also subscribe for free updates from the Moden News team.
1 thought on “Green Card Lottery Requirements and How to Apply”
I am Evans Obwogo from Kenya please help me to get a green card for USA visa