Canada Visa Application: A Step By Step Guide and Scholarships for International Students
Canada offers great opportunities for immigrants who seek a better standard of living. With friendly immigration policies, a highly skilled workforce, a high standard of living, and excellent health facilities, there is no dearth of reasons why Canada is a preferred destination among immigrants.
However, your application could be delayed If you missed vital pieces of information that could expedite the process. Therefore, it is advised to seek help from a professional immigration expert who can explain some terms that might be confusing.
Certainly, Visa is the legal authorization from the Canadian government that guarantees your free movement without fear or intimidation. Unless you are a national of the 54 visa-exempt countries, entering Canada without a visa is impossible.
Types Of Canadian Visa
Understanding the visa types offered by the Canadian government will help you in making the right decision. Canadian visas are divided into two general categories namely:
- Permanent Residence Visa: This applies to foreigners who intend to stay in Canada on a permanent basis. The Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Class Experience, Provincial nomination program, and the Federal skilled trades program offer permanent residency paths through Express Entry.
- Temporary residence Visa: As the name implies, this category of visa applies to foreigners who wish to stay in Canada on a temporary basis. Based on the purpose of the visit, the following visas fall under the TRV.
Student visa, super visa, visitor visa, Business persons, Business delegations visa, diplomatic visa, and intending organ donor visa.
Temporary Resident Visa may be single or multiple-entry. A single-entry visa allows the holder to enter and stay in Canada for not more than six months. While a Multiple entry visa gives the holder an ample opportunity to enter and stay in Canada for six months at a time and is valid for 10 years.
Confirming your eligibility is vital to your immigration application, satisfying these conditions is a step in the right direction:
- Availability of funds to cater to your stay
- You must not pose a security or health risk
- Be able to convince the immigration officer you will honor your obligations
- Not be Inadmissible to Canada
Canada Visa Requirements
- Fill and complete the appropriate form pertaining to your interest on the IRCC official website.
- Two passport photographs as recommended by IRCC
- A valid copy of your passport
- Fill out and complete the VFS consent form.
- Proof of funds
- English or French proficiency
- Processing fee receipt
- Reputable medical history
- Invitation letter detailing the purpose of your visit, and details of your host.
- A self-addressed return courier envelope
- Proof of ties to your home country
- Biometrics may be required
Canada Visa Processing Time
In other words, the processing time depends on several factors. Your country of residence, the backlog of applications, the type of application submitted, the accuracy of the submitted data, and how quickly your data can be verified are determining factors. Express Entry is one of the quickest means of Canadian immigration, the process is usually in six months or less. Visit IRCC’s official website to get comprehensive information about the various processing time.
- Scholarships in the USA for International Students | How to Get a Scholarship in the USA
- Top 40 Fully-Funded Scholarships for Africans to Study in the USA 2023/2024
- Fulbright 2023 Scholarship for International Students to Study in the United States of America (U.S.A)
- Gates Millennium Scholarship Program | Gates Millenium Scholarship 2023/2024
Where to Apply for Canada Visa
There are two ways to submit your visa application. You can fill and complete the information online or through a Global Visa Application Centre available in Canadian embassies or consulates. To apply online visit the IRCC official website to begin. You will require a digital scanner to make copies of your documents and credit card to facilitate online payments, Although it is recommended you use the visa application center in your home country.
Submitting Your Passport
If you receive a notification requesting your passport, you are to submit your passport along with the request letter through the Canada Visa Application Centre in your home country. Note: If you are sending your passport to the same visa application center where you provided your biometrics, you are not required to pay for passport transmission charges. You have the option of picking up your passport yourself, through an authorized representative, or through a self-addressed return courier envelope.
All Scholarships in Canada for International Students
These are the top 8 Scholarships, Fellowships, Awards, and Scholarships for International Students in Canada.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship
Amount: $15,000 per year, Details: tiny.cc/zgqi8y
Must have a study permit to be eligible Field: All discipline
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
Amount: $16,000 PhD, $12,000 MSc.
University of Calgary Graduate Awards
Amount: $1,000 – $40,000
University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards
Amount: Amount Varies Details: tiny.cc/6mri8y
Trudeau Foundation Scholarships
Amount: Up to $60,000 for a Max of 3 years Details: tiny.cc/kzri8y
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Amount: $70,000 / year
Simon Fraser University Financial Aid and Awards
Ontario Trillium Scholarship
Details: https://tiny.cc/h00i8y Amount: $40,000 Annually
In conclusion, use the detailed direction of any of these Scholarships in Canada to see the requirements and proceed with the application. Also, tell us what you think or ask questions in the comment section of this page. The Moden News team, promises to provide answers to your queries. You can also get responses from our visitors.