Beware: These 5 Things Can Ruin Your Academic Career
Just 2% of students actually make excellent grades while the rest of the 98% are doing things that are detrimental to their success without them realizing it.
Here are 5 things that can ruin your academic career and how you can avoid them.
- How To Be A Good Boss At Your Workplace
- Five Exclusive Ways Students Can Gain Work Experience Before Graduation
- Getting Netflix Student Discount Made Easy Online Here
- How to Avoid Being Broke at School
1. Listening to critics:
Yes, you read that correctly. It can be tough at times when you are the only one in your neighborhood who reads during the first week of resumption or even at night. As you will get a lot of friends and neighbors telling you your reading is too much or any other jargon. ‘Don’t let the bozo grind you down’ is a way one of my mentors will put it.
There are people you think know what they are saying who in actual fact don’t. Stop listening to criticism of how much hard work you are doing. Because one thing is always certain: hard work always pays. It has been paying since yore.
2. Reading all night:
What put most students in this terrible situation or what makes them want to read this long, most of the time is because they have a test or an exam they haven’t prepared for.
Most students think by reading for the whole night, they are gaining a lot.
Here is what they fail to realize; maximum concentration and assimilation only come in the first 30 minutes to 1 hour of reading, and the assimilation rate decreases with time.
The way to stay fit for reading and any other activity is to cultivate the habit of reading early and also break your reading into small sessions at a time.
3. Social media addiction:
Social media is probably the highest form of distraction when it is not used properly. One of my mentors will put it this way: ‘Use social media, don’t be used by it.
As a rule of thumb, the maximum number of times you should use social media a day is 3. Three times is enough, each session lasting not more than 20 minutes.
The only reason you should spend more than 20 minutes is if you are making money from it. In this case, you are ‘using’ social media not being ‘used’ by it. Even with this, you still need to manage how you use social media. So as a student, try as much as possible to take this advice seriously because it will go a long way in making you better.
4. Phone addiction:
This craziness started at the time of 2go when people, not only students, started operating phones in high ways without paying attention to traffic.
Today, it has even grown to the extent that students in the same room can’t talk directly except by chatting. If the student doesn’t chat, they find a way to ‘burn’ time by playing games that add nothing to their life.
I don’t mean you should not play games, in fact, I do, sometimes. But realize that there is time for everything which must properly be quantified.
5. Not setting priority:
Don’t think you can be part of everything and still have time to complete important tasks. It doesn’t work that way.
For every task you take, you are taking the risk of doing less of another task. Because part of the time you now have for the task you used to do before is now taken by the new task.
So, prioritize by doing tasks that are really important and stop doing those that are not.
I promise you that if you can stop these 5 things, 90% of your problems will be solved
This is to your success
2 thoughts on “Beware: These 5 Things Can Ruin Your Academic Career”
Very good for education opportunity to the 3 world countries students
Nice chance for all