Amazon Order History | How to Delete Amazon Order History
Amazon has long been one of the top online shopping platforms for a wide range of products. The platform maintains a top spot when it comes to convenient buying and is especially useful when you want to make a purchase from the comfort of your own living room.
Despite all the innovative and exciting features the platform has, the privacy of users remains a major issue for Amazon users. In this article we shall detail how to keep your Amazon activity concealed, you may easily hide or remove some or all of your order history.
For a variety of reasons, you might want to obscure or even remove your Amazon order history. Perhaps you’d like to keep a one-time purchase hidden from your past so that a birthday present remains a surprise.
Whatever the case may be, this article will cover all you need to know about hiding or deleting your Amazon order or purchase history.
Why Do I Want to Hide/Delete My Amazon Order History?
For a number of reasons, many customers prefer to delete or disguise their Amazon order history. It’s conceivable they don’t want anyone else to know what they’re buying.
Perhaps you want to keep a birthday gift a surprise by hiding an infrequent purchase from your history, or perhaps you buy something you don’t want your children to see when they use your account.
You may also want to keep your personal purchases hidden from your spouse.
Continue reading to see if you can actually delete or, better yet, hide your order history.
Can I Delete or Hide Order History on Amazon?
Actually, there is no way to permanently delete your order history. Amazon will keep track of everything you’ve bought even if you remove your account. However, you do have options.
You may keep your purchase and order history private from prying eyes by archiving it. The following paragraphs will go over how to remove Amazon’s order history in great detail.
How To Delete Order History on Amazon
If you want to keep your Amazon activity concealed, you can easily hide or remove any or all of your order history.
Here’s how to hide or delete your Amazon order history on the desktop and mobile app.
How to Delete Amazon Order History on Desktop
To remove Amazon order history on your desktop, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Amazon website in your browser to log in to your Amazon account.
- Select “Returns and Orders” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- A list of the goods you’ve ordered in the last three months can be found here.
- Click “View Order Details” when you’ve found the order you want to hide or remove.
- Click “Archive Order” to conceal it. You can hide up to 500 orders, but they’ll still be visible in the “Archived Orders” section of your account.
- If an item hasn’t been available for more than three months, change the top-of-the-page option to show orders from a different time period.
How to delete Amazon order history in the mobile app
- Log in to the Amazon app on your tablet or smartphone.
- Locate the item you want to hide by going to “Your Orders” in the menu.
- Tap “View Order Details” and then “Archive Order” to make it disappear.
It’s important to remember that none of the orders you conceal from your account will be entirely removed. If you visit your account page and choose Ordering and Shopping Preferences > Archived Orders from the drop-down menu, you can still view them.
You can review all of your previously archived orders by clicking the “Unarchive Order” button next to the product and, if wanted, bring them back to the main list.
Hide Orders Using an Amazon Household Account
The easiest way to keep your purchases secret from your family is with an Amazon Household Account.
You can share Prime benefits with one other adult in your home, as well as teenagers and children, using this option, which is only available to Prime members.
With a Household Account, you can keep your shopping habits, suggestions, and lists private and separate from those of teens and kids.
Both adults can still share some Amazon Prime perks and digital entertainment through a Family Library.
If the following criteria are satisfied, the Amazon Household can have up to ten people:
- Two adults, both of whom are above 18, each of whom has a separate Amazon account.
- Teenagers between the ages of 13 and 17 may have up to four profiles.
- Four child profiles maximum (under the age of 12).
Additionally, there is another technique to conceal your browsing history.
How to Delete Your Amazon Movies And Shows History
Although you might not give relatives and friends access to your Amazon Prime account to place orders, you might let them use it to view videos. And there will probably come a day when you’d rather your parents were unaware of your most recent wicked movie night (or the fact that you binge-watched the entire second season of “Murder in Paradise” in a single weekend).
The good news is that you can conceal your Amazon Video activity:
- Go to your Amazon Video viewing history first.
- Your recent viewings will be presented in reverse chronological order.
- Click the “Remove this from watched videos” link next to the video you wish to delete, and presto! Nobody will know more.
Turn Off Your Amazon Browsing History
You’ve undoubtedly noticed that as you browse Amazon, the website remembers your prior searches and makes suggestions for new items.
This can be helpful if your account is solely used by you. However, your browser history will let everyone who logs in know your secret if you use a shared account to buy a gift or other private purchases.
One of the simplest ways to conceal your browsing is to open a private or incognito browser window. You won’t be able to save anything this way.
However, there is still a way to delete your data if you’ve already amassed a large, questionable browsing history on Amazon:
- Visit Amazon and log in with your account details.
- Choose “Browsing History” from the menu in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select “remove from view” next to the product to delete it from your browser’s history.
- Alternatively, you can remove everything from view by choosing “Remove all things from view” from the “Manage History” option.
- If you don’t want Amazon to collect your browser history, set the slider next to “Turn Browsing History on/off” to “off.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I return an Amazon purchase?
Log into Amazon, go to Your Orders, select the order, and then choose Return > Cancel Items to cancel an order.
How can I obtain the history of my Amazon orders?
If you are asked to generate reports, go to the Amazon History Reports page and log into your account. You may learn more about your purchases and orders if you have an Amazon Business account.
How do I remove the history of my Amazon searches?
Go to Manage history > Remove all items from view, or go to your Amazon browsing history and click Remove from view next to each item you want to hide. Your Amazon Prime Video watch history is also erasable.
- Best 20 Cash Advance Apps That Will Always Pay You Till Payday
- Best Cities to Live in USA | Best Places to Live in the US
- 15 Best Hair Styling Schools in the World
- List of the Top Ivy League Schools and a Comprehensive Detail of Each School
- 10 Top Party Schools in the World: List, Details, and Official Websites
- Study at Christopher Newport University: Tuition, Acceptance Rate, Scholarships, and Cost of Living
Privacy remains a crucial part of every internet user. That is why we drafted guidelines on how to delete Amazon order history to assist users on the internet on how best to browse without exploitation.
Amazon is a big platform for e-commerce activities. However, the encroachment on user privacy and details remain a big concern for many users on the platform.