This informs our readers about the current Agriculture jobs in Uganda today and how to apply. Whether you are looking for agriculture jobs in Uganda 2023/2024, diploma agriculture jobs in Uganda, agriculture jobs extension officers in Uganda 2023/2024, UN agriculture jobs in Uganda today, or brighter Monday agriculture jobs in Uganda. Then, you’ve come to the right place.
In this post, we will talk you through some agriculture jobs in Uganda in 2024 and how you can apply. Some of the listed jobs may favor entry-level candidates. As a result, if you’re just getting started, there’s a spot on the list for you.
Current Agriculture Jobs in Uganda Today and How to Apply
The following is a list of open positions in some of Uganda’s most reputable Agro and Agro-finance companies. Before applying for any advertised jobs in agriculture in Uganda, make sure you read the requirements.
Job Title: Associate Agronomy Advisor at HortiMAP
Job Location: Uganda
Through the four-year HortiMAP program funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Techno serves and partners BID Capital and PUM will transform the horticulture industry in Uganda. The program combines catalytic funding through a Market Development Facility and Technical Assistance fund to leverage private sector and local resources and expertise to strengthen SMEs and regional supply chains while delivering world-class entrepreneurship training to farmers and retailers to realize their potential.
These interventions are expected to increase incomes for more than 31,000 horticulture farmers, create 11,000 jobs, and improve access to healthy, safe food for 250,000 Ugandan consumers.
Requirements for Associate Agronomy Advisor, Kampala, Uganda, That’s Among the Current Agriculture Jobs in Uganda Today.
- The company is looking for an individual with a diploma in Agricultural Sciences with a bias to crop production.
- Interested candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ field experience with extension service, Farmer Institutional development, youth development, or entrepreneurship in Uganda.
- Candidates must have strong private sector experience, facilitation skills, and Participatory Approach in Extension.
- Applicants must have knowledge of Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA), Gender, and Youth Engagement in agriculture.
- Interested candidates must have relevant skills in Monitoring and Evaluation tools and practices, such as use of the digital platform for data capturing and reporting.
- Applicants must have good computer skills (Excel and MS Word), and excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have proficiency in the local language(s) or one of the local languages spoken in the district.
- Interested applicants must have the ability to ride Motorcycle with a valid riding permit, or willingness to learn and acquire a permit in a one-month period.
Job Title: Climate-Smart Agribusiness Advisor at SNV
Job Location: Uganda
SNV is an international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €120 million, and 1,300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission.
Requirements for Climate Smart Agribusiness Advisor at SNV Uganda, That’s Among the Current agriculture jobs in Uganda today
- The company is looking for an individual with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree but preferably a master’s degree in Agribusiness or related fields.
- Candidates must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience working with arable crops agribusinesses, farmer organizations, and smallholder farmers.
- Applicants must have the ability and demonstrated experience with climate-smart agriculture innovations.
- Interested applicants must have demonstrated the ability to manage and/or evaluate climate change adaptation and resilience activities with a focus on agriculture production.
- Applicants must have technical expertise in qualitative or quantitative methodologies, data collection, and analysis.
- Candidates must have excellent communication (written and oral), reporting, and presentation skills.
- Interested applicants must be flexible to take on additional responsibilities as assigned/delegated.
- Candidates must have the willingness to travel to all project locations.
- Applicants must have excellent organizational, negotiation, influencing, and advisory/coaching skills.
- Interested applicants must have strong work ethics, a high level of confidentiality, and Integrity.
Job Title: Senior Associate at Global Development Incubator
Job Location: Uganda
About Global Development Incubator
Aceli Africa is a market-enabling facility with the aim of mobilizing over $600M in private sector lending for agricultural SMEs in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and by 2025. To achieve this goal, Aceli Africa addresses constraints on both the market’s capital supply and demand sides. On the capital supply side, Aceli provides financial incentives and capacity building to increase the risk appetite of 25+ commercial banks and impact investors to make loans ranging from $25K-$1.5M to agricultural SMEs. On the capital demand side, Aceli facilitates technical assistance to expand the ability of high-potential SMEs to qualify for and manage financing.
Requirements for Senior Associate at Global Development Incubator, That’s Among the Current agriculture jobs in Uganda today
- The company is looking for an individual with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in International Development, Agriculture, Finance, or a related field;
- Candidates must have a minimum of 7 years of professional experience;
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience managing strategic relationships with financial institutions, agricultural development organizations, and international donors
- Interested applicants must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to present information, both in writing and verbally, in a structured and insightful manner;
- Applicants must be a go-getter who takes initiative and is able to work independently and collaboratively with a multi-country team in a rapidly evolving environment;
- Candidates must have professional with a demonstrated record of the highest integrity and ethical conduct; and
- Interested applicants must have a passion for applying financial and business acumen to have a positive impact on farmer livelihoods, food security, opportunities for women and youth, and climate resilience in Uganda.
Job Title: Community Facilitator at Farm Africa
Job Location: Uganda
About Farm Africa
In partnership with UGACOF Ltd, Farm Africa secured a two and half year project (IMPACT), funded by the European Union, supporting coffee farmers in the Western region (Rwenzori, Kigezi & Ankole). The project focuses on reducing production, harvest, and post-harvest losses, expanding marketing opportunities for smallholders, and increasing smallholders’ price incentives through diversification into higher-value export markets. We are looking for two Community Facilitators to join our IMPACT team and deliver ongoing support and training to farmers, gather MEL data, and play an active role in the certification process, community workshops, and other committee meetings.
Requirements for 2 Community Facilitator Job Posts at Farm Africa, That’s Among the Current agriculture jobs in Uganda 2023/2024
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a diploma in agriculture, extension, agribusiness, rural development or a related field.
- The company is looking for an individual with knowledge and understanding of the coffee value chain in Uganda.
- Applicants must have at least one year of professional experience working with cooperatives.
- Candidates must have experience of working in coffee value chain.
- Interested applicants must have strong team player with good communication skills, and analytical and information management skills.
- Applicants must have good mobilization skills and the ability to work under stress
- Candidates must have the ability to follow procedures and meet targets/deadlines, work independently and with team members.
- Interested applicants must have familiarity with the area of assignment including the households’ locations and terrain, sound contextual knowledge, and fluency in speaking the local language Rukiga/Runyankore is a must
Job Title: Intern – Agriculture Market Support (AMS) at World Food Programme (WFP)
Job Location: Uganda
About United Nations World Food Programme
This is a UN agriculture job in Uganda. United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict, and natural disasters.
After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence, and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Requirements for Intern – Agriculture Market Support (AMS) at World Food Programme (WFP), That’s Among the Current agriculture jobs in Uganda
- Candidates must have graduated not before 2019.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics and Climate Change, Natural Resource Management, and Marketing obtained from a recognized institution.
- The company is looking for an individual with Basic understanding of Value Chain Development and Food System, Sustainable Livelihoods Approaches, Climate Change, and Natural Resource Management and support.
- Applicants must have strong background knowledge on the operations Micro-Small-Medium Enterprises which work towards supporting smallholder farmers
- Interested applicants must have good knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications.
- Applicants must have knowledge of Local Language.
Job Title: 2 Fresher Project Officer at ZOA
Job Location: Uganda
As an international NGO, ZOA supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disasters. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
Requirements for 2 Fresher Project Officer – Agriculture NGO Jobs – ZOA, That’s Among the Current agriculture jobs in Uganda 2023/2024
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree or Diploma in General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Agribusiness, Development Studies, or other related relevant fields;
- The company is looking for an individual with at least one to two years of successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects;
- Candidates must have excellent facilitation, communication skills, and writing ability;
- Applicants must have an understanding of the local context, culture, and language(s);
- Interested applicants must have experience with implementing projects among pastoral communities is an added advantage;
- Interested candidates must have worked in a project in collaboration with Local government extension workers;
- Applicants must be innovative, creative, and enthusiastic;
- Candidates must have good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word;
- Interested candidates must be a self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Applicants must have the ability to drive a motorcycle with a valid driving/riding license.
- Candidates must have to be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Interested applicants must be able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment;
Job Title: Business Development Services Officer, Agriculture at Private Sector Foundation Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
About Private Sector Foundation
Under the overall responsibility and technical supervision of the Project Director, the BDSO/A has the responsibility to work in close collaboration with the agriculture sector team to design strategies and actions that support producers, producer organizations, off-takers, SMEs, and Lead Firm(s) to increase business production, productivity and therefore, profitability and returns for all participating stakeholders in each respective agriculture value chain.
Requirements for Business Development Services Officer, Agriculture at Private Sector Foundation, That’s Among the Current agriculture jobs in Uganda
The BDSO/A will be recruited competitively and must have the following qualifications:
- The company is looking for an individual with a Bachelor’s level degree in agribusiness, economics, marketing, business management/administration, development economics, project management, or a related field.
- Candidates in possession of a master’s degree will be at an advantage;
- Interested applicants must have at least 3 years working experience implementing projects in the agriculture sector, including in a private sector setting;
- Candidates must have proven analytical skills, including the ability to work with business development services;
- Applicants must have overall knowledge of the economic and market environment in which the private sector is operating, including the wider East and Central African region;
- Interested candidates must have an appreciation of the workings of the Agriculture/economic/agribusiness policies as well as a good understanding of private sector operations and concerns;
- Candidates must have a good understanding of private sector development issues and an appreciation of the role the private sector can play in economic development;
- Applicants must have an appreciation/understanding of the extent and effects of youth unemployment; and of the social (especially gender and youth) dimensions of development;
- Interested candidates must have good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with different stakeholders;
- Interested applicants must have demonstrated written, analytical, presentation, reporting and computing skills and familiarity with modern communication systems (internet, World Wide Web, email etc.);
- Candidates must have the ability and readiness to work in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Applicants should have a good understanding of how to apply market-led approaches for development;
- Interested candidates must have a good command of the English language.
Job Title: Field agronomist at Coffee Agribusiness Company
Job Location: Uganda
About Coffee Agribusiness Company
One of the leading coffee companies in Uganda considers recruiting for the following vacancies in the near future in the following field-based locations. Funding for these positions shall be subject to actual market conditions.
Requirements for Field Agronomist at Coffee Agribusiness Company, That’s Among the Current agriculture jobs in Uganda 2023/2024
- The company is looking for an individual with a diploma in Agriculture.
- Applicants must have passionate about coffee and good understanding of agronomy and supply chain
- Candidates must have 2 years of experience in coffee extension or trading
- Interested applicants must have fluent in the local language and English.
- Candidates must have a love for fieldwork
- Applicants must be willing to reside in the zone
- Interested applicants must have motorcycle riding permit
How to Apply for Agriculture Jobs in Uganda
Interested and qualified candidates should proceed to the application portals listed below to submit their applications. The current Agriculture Jobs in Uganda are available to Ugandan citizens, but you must be a legal resident. Companies will not accept anyone who fails to provide proof of documents and certifications listed on their CVs and application letters.
Most importantly, each interested and qualified person can start his or her application HERE.
Associate Agronomy Advisor at HortiMAP program Kampala, Uganda. —Apply Here!
The Ugandan agriculture sector is ripe with opportunities. As of late, the sector is growing, and so is the need for more workers. If you are looking to begin your career as a successful farmer in Uganda today, consider education and experience related to Agriculture Jobs in Uganda today.
The agricultural sector of Uganda has a great potential to create employment opportunities for a large number of unemployed Ugandans. I hope that the main objective of this article is to list all the current agriculture jobs in Uganda today and how you can apply for these jobs to help you scale up your career and grow.
Agricultural Engineer In Uganda
For future updates on the agriculture jobs in Uganda and how to apply for them, sign up for our newsletter here.
Agricultural engineers are professionals who create machinery used in agricultural production and processing using their understanding of biology and other engineering disciplines, primarily chemical, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering.
Agriculture engineers play a critical role in the agricultural industry. They are responsible for improving farming conditions and ensuring that the environment is safe for all parts of farming. Agricultural engineers do study and analysis of farmers’ daily activities, and they work with new technologies to improve existing agricultural production and processing procedures. The advancement of these procedures is frequently critical in assisting farmers in making better use of their land and resources.
Daily Routine Tasks
In their core line of work, agricultural engineers do some of these functions.
- Discuss plans with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers so that they may be assessed and modifications can be made as needed.
- For suggested sites or systems, create reports, sketches, working drawings, specifications, proposals, and budgets.
- Meet with clients to discuss their needs, such as district or regional governments, farmers, and developers.
- Visit construction sites to evaluate environmental issues, confer with contractors, or oversee construction activities.
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) technology, create agricultural machinery components and equipment.
- Environmental and land reclamation projects in agriculture and allied businesses are designed and managed.
- Give advice on water quality and pollution control challenges, as well as ground and surface water resources.
- Design and supervise the construction of facilities for grain storage, animal shelter and loading, and animal and crop processing.
- Conduct instructional programs to give farmers or farm cooperative members information that will assist them in increasing agricultural productivity.
- Plan and direct the building of rural electric-power distribution systems, as well as irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems to conserve land and water.
- Test agricultural gear and equipment to verify proper operation.
- Create food processing plants and mechanical systems.
- Supervise the operations of a food processing or manufacturing plant.
- Create sensing, measuring, and recording devices, as well as other instrumentation for studying plant or animal life.