Exploring Job opportunities for an accounting and finance career in Uganda with minimum or no prior experience?
Look no further; you are in the right place.
As a worthy note, before you begin an application for a job online, It is important to have an updated version of your resume ready to upload. Some Jobs, especially July finance and accounting jobs in Uganda may require a cover letter where you elaborately express your interest in the job.
We have carefully curated current accounting jobs in Uganda and how to apply for them. Our detailed list contains the latest accounting jobs, accounting jobs in Uganda today, NGO accounting jobs in Uganda, no-experience accounting jobs in Uganda 2023/2024, and finance and accounting jobs in Uganda.
We implore you to keep reading as there is something for everyone.
Table of contents
- Finance and accounting jobs in Uganda
- Minimum Qualification and Experience
- How to Apply for Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Finance and accounting jobs in Uganda
Here is a list of available positions for accounting and finance jobs in Uganda in 2023. These jobs are published by reputable companies so we advise that you go through the job requirements thoroughly before applying. Best wishes.
Job Title: Project Cost Accountant
Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited
No. of Vacancies: Twenty (20) Vacancies
National Housing and Construction Company Limited is Uganda’s Leading Real Estate Developer with over 57 years of experience in building, managing, developing, and housing estates for sale at economic rates. The company strategically places itself as the lead National Company in infrastructure development with a view of being a major player in the actualization of the National Strategic development goals and strategies.
The company has synchronized various productive and strategic partnerships to enhance the infrastructural development in the country and strengthened its capacity and broaden its range of services as a construction company.
Through strategic collaborative partnerships and with support from different stakeholders, National Housing will grow its portfolio to a Class- Contractor over the next five (5) years.
The Company now intends to recruit and create a pool of talented and sustainable professionals, with high levels of Integrity, dedication, and commitment to working towards driving the company’s generated business, both in the short and long term.
Applications are therefore welcomed from suitably qualified persons to fill the positions.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Project Cost Accountant
- Keep thorough maintenance of project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Develop project accounts in the NHCC accounting system.
- Give recommendations to the CFO on the transfer of expenses on the project-related accounts
- Give proper review and approve supplier invoices connected to a project.
- Give proper review and approve staff timesheets for an ongoing project.
- Give proper review and recommendation for approval of overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Analyze project variances and present variance reports to management.
- Send reports to the management concerning the remaining funding available for projects.
- Complete and close out project accounts after project completion.
- Design and submit reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Assemble project information for internal and external auditors anytime it is required.
- Should organize and coordinate all stores and management processes, control and include operation of systems that guarantee efficient management and close monitoring of an up-to-date inventory acquisition, storage, maintenance, and distribution, of all NHCCL’s properties and supplies
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- The preferred candidate should have a degree in Commerce, Business Administration-Accounting, Business Finance, or any closely related field from a recognized University.
- Should have at least a Level two/Intermediate stage of Part Professional Accounting qualification of an internationally recognized Accountancy Institution, such as ACCA, CPA (K or U).
- The ideal candidate should have good knowledge and skills in the application of Finance & Accounting-related software and the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Should have relevant working experience of at least 3 years as a Project & Cost Accountant, or in any similar position in a reputable organization, preferably a vibrant commercial organization, Investment company, or civil works company.
Job Title: Young Graduate Program (Several Fresh Graduate Jobs)
Organization: Total Energies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About Total Energies
Total Energies is an extensive energy company that produces and markets global energy, including oil, biofuels, natural gas, green gases, renewables, and electricity. We are staffed by 105,000 employees committed to providing affordable, cleaner, reliable, and accessible energy to everyone. We have branches in more than 130 countries; Total Energies places sustainable development as a priority in all its projects and operations to contribute to the excellent health of the populace.
Job Summary: The successful applicants will automatically be a part of the Total Energies Young Graduate Program and successfully work as graduate management trainees.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Skills For Young Graduate Program
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Engineering, Accounting, Commerce, and Statistics.
- The ideal applicant must be a fresh graduate and have a minimum of one year of professional experience in the above fields.
- The candidate must be inquisitive and able to set things in motion personally.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be able to work with teams and also possess strong leadership ability.
- Should possess a substantial ethical understanding and awareness.
- Should be able to adapt to different work environments.
- Must have strong computer literacy skills.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Organization: Mapenzi Grill Restaurant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About Mapenzi Grill Restaurant
Mapenzi Grill Restaurant is a food service and delivery restaurant located at Plot 23 Bukoto Street, Kamwokya, Kampala.
Job Summary: The cost accountant is required to manage and analyze all cost expenditures, sales, and purchases for Mapenzi Grill. The account will also be required to examine goods and services, keep records of data, and give recommendations about ways to achieve cost efficiency using financially feasible cost options.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of Cost Accountant
- Required to work with teams and supervisors to oversee all aspects of stock deliveries and keep precise and up-to-date business records.
- Keep stringent control and management of stock.
- Would lead management on the most suitable method of delivery based on cost efficiency.
- The employed cost accountant will also be tasked with reconciling suppliers’ accounts.
- Keep accounts of day-to-day kitchen activities and profit analysis.
- The accountant needs to understand the company budgets and balance profit and loss accounts.
- Tasked with assisting in weekly orders to ensure that the company’s stock levels are kept timely and in order for any special functions.
- Always pays close attention to the company’s performance and management responsibilities.
- Required to perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- The applicant should possess a degree in business management with professional experience in accounting practice.
- Should have advanced knowledge of inputting accounting functions using spreadsheets.
- The ideal applicant should be able to work with suppliers like market vendors that supply products to the company.
- Previous work experience with a notable company is an advantage
- Should be self-driven, innovative, able to learn fast, and have great communication skills.
- The ideal candidates should possess leadership skills, excellent numerical skills, and be an expert in IT knowledge, especially in the operation of POS.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Country Finance Coordinator
ALIGHT is an international non-profit and non-sectarian organization that has provided humanitarian services to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people receive essential services to regain their health and lead their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and the Darfur region of Sudan providing emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight also provide basic amenities, health care, skills training, microcredit education, and protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters rebuild their lives.
The finance and administration officer is responsible for the financial management of the company and providing general administrative support at the field-level office ensuring that all money spent on transactions is met with value. Also to ensure that there is efficiency in administrative functions. The finance and administration technically report to the Country Finance Coordinator and Administratively report to the Team Leader.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensured with verifying all payments and PRFs for the proper fund transactions, budget availability, and donor and account coding, to guarantee 100% accuracy. Expenses accrued must be appropriate and designated to the right sources. Petty cash exceeding 350,000 UGX will be verified by Kampala Finance.
- Formulating check payment vouchers for all approved check payments to recipients
- Petty cash management includes the preparation of cash vouchers used for the restitution of payments to recipients, verifying and processing payments, and preparing summaries for replenishment of the petty cash fund.
- You will be required to manage and oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Finance Office in the Kyangwali field site
- Keep appropriate records of all payments and issue receipts into a spreadsheet and check for accuracies using the hard copies as a standpoint before sending them to the Kampala office to further process.
- Provide assistance in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures, and systems to the company.
- Must Provide compliance with the Alight and donors’ procedures and guidelines provided in the offer letter.
- Safely keep all documents used for transactions so they can be easily backed up based on the Alight Uganda minimum supporting documents requirement policy.
- Required to submit the soft and hard copies of the expenditure worksheets to the Country Finance Coordinator for restocking whenever the petty cash balance reaches 1,000,000 UGX at a minimum.
- Tasked with reviewing all expenditure worksheets to check for accuracy.
- Report to the supervisor all anomalies in implementing Alight internal control policies
- Ensure facilitation and support of all internal and external audits which are to be conducted in the Kyangwali Field Office.
- Must guarantee that all Kyangwali Field office finance records are filed and labeled in an orderly manner to provide for the security of documentation, ease of accessibility, and the preservation of records.
- Should contribute immensely to the ongoing improvement of the financial management system and internal control.
- Charged with maintaining an up-to-date leave register for the Kyangwali Field Office, also giving regular updates to staff about official leave plans according to the HR leave policy.
- Tasked with preparing a monthly leave report of all staff and sending it to the Senior HR Officer at the end of the month for reconciliation.
- You will be required to receive, register, and review all staff timesheets, confirming that they are correctly filled at the end of each month before the Kampala office receives it.
- With the approval of your supervisor, you can participate in hiring Grade A positions and Incentive workers at the field level by posting adverts, shortlisting, scheduling interviews, and inviting and interviewing candidates.
- Execute any other duties assigned to you.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- The ideal applicant should have a degree in finance, business, accounting, or any other related field
- Must have at least three years of working experience as an accountant in a reputable organization
- Must be skilled in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Should possess organizational skills and multitask under set deadlines.
- Should possess strong analytical, written, and verbal skills with a high level of integrity and great people management skills.
How to Apply for Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit the application portals listed below the job opportunities to submit their applications. The latest accounting and finance jobs in Uganda are only available to Ugandan citizens who are legal residents. Companies will not accept anyone who fails to provide proof of documents and certifications listed on their CVs and application letters.
Also, all interested candidates can simply Apply Here.
Alternative Job application procedure
Send applications indicating the position being applied for, accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, and evidence of relevant working experience to:
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7th Street,
P.O. BOX 659,
NB: Contacts of at least three (3) Professional referees should be addressed and delivered alongside.
Submit an online application to: [email protected]. (All applications via email must be sent as one document, not more than 10 MBs)
Accountant roles as defined by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda
Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) play a variety of roles for their organizations, including value creators, enablers, preservers, and reporters. CPAs are acknowledged to operate in both performance and conformance dimensions.
CPAs, as value creators, take the lead in the design and implementation of strategies, policies, plans, structures, and governance measures that chart the course for long-term value creation.
CPAs, as value enablers, inform and guide managerial and operational decision-making and strategy implementation for achieving sustainable value creation, as well as the planning, monitoring, and improvement of supporting processes.
CPAs, as value preservers, ensure the protection of a long-term value creation strategy against strategic, operational, and financial risks, as well as compliance with regulations, standards, and best practices.
CPAs, as value reporters, enable stakeholders to receive transparent communication about the delivery of long-term value.
Lastly, the Moden News team will be looking forward to seeing your comment in the comment section of this web page. So we can understand what you have in mind and also know how to serve you better.